Options Chain (new) Overview
The Options Chain widget displays all options for a given maturity with their bids and offers in the market, and allows you to view options and multiple expiries for a product in a single Options Chain.
The Options Chain displays strike prices in the center column, and displays premium prices for Calls and Puts in the left and right columns, respectively.
For the most liquid products on some exchanges, you can also view the volatility of Call and Put options available for the underlying futures contract, and submit an order to Buy or Sell the option or the underlying instrument.
The following data is displayed in the Options Chain:
- Theoretical Call and Put option prices based on an options price model.
- Volatility values for Call and Put options.
- Strike prices (shaded gray) at volatility curve control points.
- The Greeks (e.g., Delta, Gamma, Theta, etc.) for each Call and Put option.
- At the money (black line), in the money, and out of the money Calls and Puts.
- The name of the underlying futures contract for the options maturity month.
- The best Bid and Ask price and quantity for the underlying futures contract.
To open the Options Chain:
- Click Widgets on the workspace title bar and select the Options Chain (new) widget.
- Right-click a contract name in the Market Grid and select Open | Options Chain (new).