The Number block outputs a constant numeric value. The value of the block can be set as follows:
- Static value that is set during algo creation and does not change for the duration of the algorithm's execution either by entering a number for the value field in the Block Properties panel or by typing a number into block search to prepopulate the number block before adding it to the canvas
- User-defined value that can be set by the user when starting the algorithm
- Order price value that gets its values from the price level a user clicks in the MD Trader widget when launching a OTA (order ticket algorithm)
- Order quantity value that gets its value from the quantity specified in the MD Trader widget when launching a OTA (order ticket algorithm)
- User-defined value that sets the time-in-force for a Discrete Order block formula.
- User-defined value that sets the order type for a Discrete Order block formula.
Example The Number block outputs a number that is used by the Order block to set the order quantity.
To customize the block, update the Block Properties.
||Name to display beneath the block on the ADL canvas
Default value to use when configuring an algo instance.
Note: This value pre-populates the value in the in the Variables tab. Changing the value in the Variables tab while testing user-defined variables only changes the block value for the algo currently running in the canvas; it does not affect the default value defined for the block.
Method to set the value:
- User Defined
- Order Quantity
- Order Price
User Defined (TIF)
Can be used to specify the timeInForce variable in the Discrete Order block's Formulas block property. The user must use one of the following values:
- 1: Day (GTD)
- 2: Good till cancel (GTC)
- 3: At the opening
- 4: Immediate or cancel (IOC)
- 5: Fill or kill (FOK)
- 6: Good till crossing
- 7: Good till date (GTDate)
- 8: At the close
- 9: Good through crossing
- 10: At crossing
- 13: Auction
- 14: Good in session
- 15: Day plus
- 16: Good till cancel plus
- 17: Good till date plus
User Defined (Order Type)
Can be used to specify the orderType variable in the Discrete Order block's Formulas block property. The user must use one of the following values:
- 1: Market
- 2: Limit
- 3: Stop
- 4: Stop limit
- 20: Market with leftover as limit
- 21: Market limit market with leftover as limit
- 30: Stop market to limit
- 31: If-touched market
- 32: If-touched limit
- 33: If-touched market to limit
- 37: Limit post-only
||(Shown when Variable Type is not Static) Maximum acceptable value
||(Shown when Variable Type is not Static) Minimum acceptable value