Configuring MD Trader
To configure MD Trader:
- Right-click anywhere in the MD Trader widget outside of the price ladder to open the context menu and select Settings....
The Settings: MD Trader screen opens.
In the Settings: MD Trader screen,
configure the following settings:
Click Apply and Save.
Note: To make an MD Trader widget's settings the new defaults for subsequently-opened MD Trader widgets, click Save as default before saving.
To set context menu options:
- Right-click in the MD Trader widget to open the context menu.
On this menu, you can select the following options:
- Show/Hide Order Pane — Shows/hides the order pane, which contains all order entry options for the widget.
- Show/Hide Header Pane — Shows/hides the header pane, which contains market data for the selected instrument in the widget.
- Open — Opens additional widgets for the instrument:
- Time & Sales — Open the Time & Sales widget for the selected instrument. For multiple instruments in MD Trader, click the tab for the instrument, first, then select Time & Sales from the context menu.
- Chart — Opens a chart for the selected instrument. For multiple instruments in MD Trader, click the tab for the instrument, first, then select Chart from the context menu.
- VAP — Exposes the VAP column to show volume-at-price data for each price level:
- Show/Hide VAP — Shows or hides the column.
- Show bars — Shows or hides the VAP bars when VAP is shown.
- Split bid/ask volume — Displays the bar with blue and red to indicate the relative bid and ask quantities.
- Show values — Displays the total VAP as a number.
- Reset VAP — Resets the VAP counter for the widget and starts displaying VAP data that occurs after the reset. The VAP column header is hightlighted to indicate that the widget is displaying partial VAP data.
- Restore VAP — Cancels the effect of a VAP reset and restores the display of VAP data to include historical values. Restoring VAP also clears the column heading highlighting.
- Show/Hide PIQ — Shows or hides the PIQ column.
- Setttings... — Opens the MD Trader settings menu.
Adding order type buttons
If you frequently use one or more order types, you can add buttons to an MD Trader widget that automatically set the order type in place of selecting it from the order type drop-down. For example, if you frequently submit Stop Limit orders and TT Time Sliced orders, you can add buttons to set the order type, as shown below.
When you click a custom order type button, it automatically sets the order type and disables the drop-down. It remains active until you de-select the button or select a different order type, so you can quickly place multiple orders without having to select the order type.
To add an order type button:
Right-click in the MD Trader title bar and select Settings.
The customized order type buttons are created using the Set Order types button option in the MD Trader settings.
- Click Set Order type buttons.
The Order Type buttons pop-up screen displays.
Click "+" and click the drop-down arrow in the Order Type field to select an order type.
- Click the Label field to customize the button name. Check the Preview column to verify how the title will appear on the button in MD Trader.
If you have created order templates for a TT Order Type or custom algo, you can select the template to assign to the button. When the button is clicked, the order will automatically use the values defined in the template, and will not display the fly-out.
Click OK and Apply.
The custom button appears in the MD Trader order pane. Click Save to exit settings and save the changes.
Configuring row height in MD Trader
You can customize the row height in MD Trader by dragging the price ladder column with the left mouse click while holding down the Shift key.
To restore the default row height, right-click in MD Trader to open the Settings menu and click the Reset | Apply buttons.
Resizing the MD Trader Order Pane
You can resize the order pane in MD Trader by dragging the right edge of the pane with a left mouse drag. When you release the left mouse button, the price ladder resizes to accommodate the resized order pane.
To restore the default order pane width, right-click in MD Trader to open the Settings menu and click the Reset | Apply buttons.
Adjusting font size in MD Trader
To adjust the font size of the MD Trader columns, press and hold the Shift+Ctrl keys while dragging the mouse up or down in the price ladder.