Configuring user access to CME for BrokerTec
Order routing and market data access for BrokerTec products on CME are configured on the Users | Exchange Properties | CME_BrokerTec | Order Routing and Market Data tabs. Additional settings for reporting market data access are also provided. When you click the Exchange Properties tab, Setup defaults to the Order Routing tab.
To configure user access to CME for BrokerTec:
- Click the Users | Exchanges tab for a user selected in the data grid.
- Click the exchange list drop down arrow, and scroll to and select an exchange.
- Click the Subscriber Market Data, SDK Client Market Data, FIX and SDK Market Data and Order Routing tabs to configure the user for the selected exchange:
- Use the Subscriber Market Data tab to allow or deny user access to all subscriber market data or market data per product group.
- Use the SDK Client Market Data tab to allow or deny user access to market data using TT .NET SDK Client Side trading applications.
- Use the FIX and SDK Market Data tab to allow or deny user access to market data using FIX, TT .NET SDK Server Side, and TT Core SDK trading applications.
- Use the Order Routing tab to configure exchange credentials for user identification.
- Configure the following CME exchange settings for BrokerTec order routing:
- Entering Trader — Identifies the user on all manual or automated trading actions sent to CME for BrokerTec products. This is equivalent to the Trader ID / User Signature for the existing BrokerTec market. Sent to the exchange in Tag 5392. This is a required field.
- ATS Operator ID — Identifies the user who is part of a registered ATS Team, where the team members are simultaneously monitoring an Automated Trading System. Manual order actions should not be submitted using the ATS Operator ID. The ATS Operator ID is provided by CME. Sent to the exchange in Tag 5392.
- Team Head Trader Location — Sets the location of the Team Head Trader for anyone who is a registered Team Member using an ATS Operator ID. If set, the Team Head Trader location overrides the value in Tag 142, the sender location of the user set by the country and state/province fields on the Users | Profile tab. An ATS Operator ID is used only for teams who are simultaneously monitoring an automated trading system. All team members' order actions are sent to CME with the location of the Team Head Trader.
- Country: Sets the country of the Team Head Trader. This field is required if an ATS Operator ID is entered.
- State: Sets the state or province of the Team Head Trader. This field may be required based on which Country is selected. This field is required if an ATS Operator ID is
- SMP ID — Sets a Self-Match Prevention Identifier (SMP ID) for the account. An SMP is optional and allows an executing firm to prevent the matching of orders for accounts with common ownership if both the buy and sell orders contain the same SMP ID and Executing Firm ID. Sent to the exchange as Tag 7928.
- SMP Instruction — Sets which order is canceled (resting or aggressing) if self-match prevention occurs. This setting is optional. If no SMP Instruction is specified, the resting order is canceled. If set, the value is sent to the exchange in Tag 8000. To assign a self-match prevention instruction to an order action, select one of the following:
- Cancel resting — Cancels the resting order and sends the aggressing matching order to the exchange.
- Cancel aggressing — Leaves the resting order in the market and cancels the aggressing matching order.
- Memo Field — An optional, user-defined text value that remains on submitted orders in the TT system, and is sent to the exchange in Tag 5149. Alpha-numeric and special characters are allowed.
- Text B — An optional, user-defined text value that remains on submitted orders in the TT system, but is not sent to the exchange. Alpha-numeric and special characters are allowed.
- Text C — An optional, user-defined text value that remains on submitted orders in the TT system, but is not sent to the exchange. Alpha-numeric and special characters are allowed.
- Text TT — An optional, user-defined text value that remains on submitted orders in the TT system, but is not sent to the exchange. Alpha-numeric and special characters are allowed.
- Max Order Rate — Sets the maximum number of orders per second that a user can enter per connection. This limit cannot exceed the exchange-defined order rate maximum.
- Client Can Override — Determines if a user can override the value in this field when submitting orders from trading applications or APIs. Check the check box to unlock the field and allow a user to override the value. When unchecked, the field is locked and the user cannot change it.
Click the Subscriber Market Data tab to allow or deny access to the following market data group available at CME for BrokerTec products:
If Allow is enabled, click Sessions to set how many simultaneous market data sessions the user can have active using different IP Addresses/Applications. Selecting 0 - Delay Only indicates that the product group is denied in all environments except the delayed environment, which does not have access to real-time market data.
Click the FIX Market Data tab to allow or deny access to the following market data groups available at the
exchange from TT FIX:
Click the FIX and SDK Server Market Data tab to allow or deny access to the market data groups available at the
exchange for TT FIX, TT .NET SDK Server Side, and TT Core SDK trading applications.
If you click Allow to enable a market data group, click Quantity to set the number of users viewing the market data behind the FIX feed or the number of TT .NET SDK Server Side or TT Core SDK applications using the data concurrently.
If the FIX feed or SDK server-side trading application is for non-display purposes (e.g., black-box algorithm, program for calculating P/L, etc.) as defined by the exchange, click Allow to enable the market data group, set the Quantity, and check Non-display.
If you are distributing the market data externally (e.g., to users outside of your company), check the External Distribution checkbox.
Note: Any product groups that are disabled have not been authorized for your company. Please contact a Trading Technologies representative to enable them.
- Click Save Changes.