Adding a TAIFEX connection
To connect to TAIFEX, configure a FIX Order Gateway connection to the third-party system that routes orders to the exchange.
Note: Before you begin configuring a third-party connection, please contact the TT Onboarding Group at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The third-party (e.g, sell-side broker) or algo provider may also require user or account identification for routing orders to their system. If needed, you can select Accounts | Exchanges | FIX Order Gateway or Users | Exchanges | FIX Order Gateway to configure the necessary fields per account and user. These fields will map to the FIX tags sent to the exchange via the FIX Order Gateway.
To configure a FIX Order Gateway connection for TAIFEX:
- Click Connections in the left navigation pane and click New Connection.
- In the General Settings section, click Type and select a "third-party name TAIFIX Bridge" FIX Order Gateway connection type.
In the Exchange Specific Settings section, configure the following:
- Primary IP — Sets the primary IP address for connecting the order session to the algo provider.
- Primary Port — Sets the primary port for connecting the order session to the algo provider.
- Sender Comp — Identifies TT in FIX Tag 49 in all outbound messages sent via the connection. Required for connecting the session.
- Target Comp — Identifies the algo provider in FIX Tag 56 in all inbound messages sent via the connection. Required for connecting the session.
- Password — A user password for logging in the session to the algo provider.
- Restrict To Markets — Restrict access to only the selected markets. Click in the field to scroll through and select an exchange. Click
+ to add markets. Click X next to each field to remove a market.
- Max Order Rate (orders/sec) — (Additional Settings section:) Sets the maximum number of orders per second that a user can enter per connection. This limit cannot exceed the exchange-defined order rate maximum. This field is optional.
- Click Save Changes.