Adding a BrokerTec connection
To add a BrokerTec connection:
- Click Connections in the left navigation panel.
- Click +New Connection
- Configure the settings in the General Settings section:
- Connection enabled: Check this setting to activate the connection. Uncheck to deactivate the connection.
- Name: This is a required field for creating a connection.
- Exchange: Select BrokerTec. Only one exchange is allowed per connection.
- Use the default setting in the Type field.
Configure the settings in the Additional Settings section.
Configure the following BrokerTec Futures Exchange settings per connection:
Root — Defines the name used for generating the BrokerTec session IDs
(user names). BrokerTec distributes this value and refers to it as the root name. The TT system will generate session IDs using the root name for the number of sessions determined by the
No: ID field. The generated BrokerTec session IDs use the following naming convention: TTx_root-name_##, where...
- TTx — Identifies the session type as either TTF (fill and order update) or TTO (order routing session)
- root-name — The root name provided to you by the exchange and configured in the Root field for the BrokerTec connection.
- ## — A two-digit sequence number appended to each session ID by the TT system.
For example, if you set Root equal to "ADRS", and No: ID equal to "2", the session IDs will be named "TTF_ADRS_01" and "TTO_ADRS_01". Enter up to 6 characters. This is a required field.
- No: ID — Sets the number of session IDs. The TT system creates at least one TTF session based on the number of session IDs. For example, if you set No: ID equal to "8"
and Root equal to "ADRS", the TT system generates a total of eight sessions: one TTF session (e.g., TTF_ADRS_01) and seven TTO sessions (e.g., TTO_ADRS_01, TTO_ADRS_02, TTOD_ADRS_03, etc.). Enter a value of up to 3 integers. This is a required field.
- Password — Enter the session password provided by the exchange. Required for order routing.
- Primary IP — Sets the exchange-provided IP address for connecting to the exchange. Required for connecting the session.
- Primary Port — Sets the exchange-provided port for connecting to the exchange. Required for connecting the session.
- Secondary IP — Sets the exchange-provided backup IP Address for connecting to the exchange. Optional.
- Secondary Port — Sets the exchange-provided backup port for connecting to the exchange. Optional.
- Max Order Rate — (Optional) Sets the maximum number of orders per second that a user can enter per connection. This limit cannot exceed the exchange-defined order rate maximum.
You can review the connection settings in the Settings tab.
Click the Accounts tab to assign an existing account to the connection. Multiple accounts can be added to a single connection.
Note: The connection will not become active until at least one account is assigned.
Click Save Changes.