Configuring user access to ICE
ICE offers different types of memberships based on the market you wish to trade. For all markets, the membership process includes meeting certain eligibility requirements and completing all required applications and agreements.
To configure user access to ICE:
- Click the Users | Exchanges tab for a user selected in the data grid.
- Click the exchange list drop down arrow, and scroll to and select an exchange.
- Click the Subscriber Market Data, FIX Market Data and Order Routing tabs to configure the user for the selected exchange:
- Use the Subscriber Market Data tab to allow or deny the user access to all market data per product group.
- Use the Order Routing tab to configure exchange credentials for user identification.
- Use the FIX Market Data tab to allow or deny the user access to all market data through TT FIX per product group.
- Configure the following Order Routing settings:
- Authorized Trader — Enter a user-defined ID that ICE uses to identify the user on all order actions. This ID must be registered at the exchange and is sent in Tag 116 (right). Required for order routing.
- Memo Field — An optional, user-defined text value that is routed to the exchange for clearing and back office purposes. This field maps to FIX Tag 9121. Alpha-numeric and special characters are allowed.
- Text B — An optional, user-defined text value that remains on submitted orders in the TT system, but is not sent to the exchange. Alpha-numeric and special characters are allowed.
- Text TT — An optional, user-defined text value that remains on submitted orders in the TT system, but is not sent to the exchange. Alpha-numeric and special characters are allowed.
- Max Order Rate Enabled — Enables order throttling for connections assigned to the user. The maximum order rate is defined and enforced by the exchange. Messages exceeding the maximum rate are rejected by the exchange.
- Max Order Rate — Sets the maximum number of orders per second that a user can enter per connection. This limit cannot exceed the exchange-defined order rate maximum.
Click the Subscriber Market Data tab to allow or deny access to the following market data groups available at the
If Allow is enabled, click Sessions to set how many simultaneous market data sessions the user can have active using different IP Addresses/Applications. Selecting 0 - Delay Only indicates that the product group is denied in all environments except the delayed environment, which does not have access to real-time market data.
Click the FIX Market Data tab to allow or deny access to the following market data groups available at the
exchange from TT FIX:
If Allow is enabled, click FIX Users to set how many simultaneous market data sessions the user can have active using different FIX Users. Selecting 0 indicates FIX users can access only security definitions and security status updates for the product group.
- Click Exchange Settings to set the Support Waiver option, which sets whether this user has a Support Waiver granted by a specific agreement with the exchange.
When this setting is enabled (checked), the Support Waiver Request form is sent to the exchange and approved. ICE allows fee-waivered market data for certain non-trading support personnel. Please contact the exchange if you believe users in your company qualify for this discount. If the exchange agrees that your users do qualify, check the "Support Waiver" checkbox to identify the waivered users. These users will still be reported to the exchange, but with the proper waiver. This checkbox is unchecked by default.
- Click the Trader IDs and click an entry in the Trader ID column of the table to add a user-defined ID.
Trader IDs are added by populating the Routing Trader ID field on the More | Trader IDs tab in the left navigation panel. You can also select Add New from the trader ID selector when clicking an entry in the
This value will override the exchange-provided Routing Trader ID in Tag 116 (left) on all orders sent to the exchange. You can create trader IDs using the ICE administration portal. In User Setup, a Trader Id can only be assigned to one connection.
- Click Save Changes.