The Setup interface supports two roles for users: company administrators and individual users. Both roles have access to the Setup left navigation panel and user interface, but with different permissions for using the application.
There are three basic user roles in User Setup:
- Company Administrator — this user has full administrative rights to add users, configure risk, create exchange connections and FIX sessions, etc.
- View-only Company Administrator — this user has permission to view but not edit all company users, accounts, exchange connections, etc.
- Individual users — these are traders, brokers, etc., who belong to or
are shared with your company.
When logged in as a company administrator or view-only company administrator, the left navigation panel of the Setup application contains the following tabs:
- Users — Add, manage, and share users in your company.
- Accounts — Add and manage accounts in your company.
- Connections Add and modify exchange connections.
- Company Settings:
- Settings — Enable private line access for your company.
- Product Margin — Set product margin at the company level for all supported exchanges.
- Data Uploads — Perform credit, SOD, and margin file uploads.
- Auto Uploads — Schedule automated data uploads.
- Invitations — View sent invitations to join your company.
- Reports — Generate various reports for users in your company.
- Logged In Users — View logged in users and log in history.
- Trader IDs — Administer trader IDs for users connecting to exchanges that support this functionality.
- FIX Sessions — Add and manage FIX sessions.
- FIX Profiles — Add and manage FIX profiles.
- User Groups — Administer user groups.
- Organizations — Manage organizations for users trading or viewing market data at CME.
- Authorized Traders — Administer authorized trader IDs for users connecting to exchanges that support this functionality.
- Counterparties — Administer counterparties for users connecting to exchanges that support this functionality.
Individual users (e.g., traders, brokers, etc.) can login and use Setup to view their own accounts, user settings, risk settings, agreements, and account restrictions, but cannot make changes to these settings. Individual users can also access their messages in the message center while logged in to the Setup application.
When logged in as an individual user, the left navigation panel of the Setup application contains the following tabs:
- Users — View user profile, user settings, and risk.
- Accounts — View assigned accounts, account settings, and risk.