Adding a eSpeed connection
To add an eSpeed connection:
- Click Connections in the left navigation panel.
- Click +New Connection
- Configure the settings in the General Settings section:
- Connection enabled: Check this setting to activate the connection. Uncheck to deactivate the connection.
- Name: This is a required field for creating a connection.
- Exchange: Select eSpeed. Only one exchange is allowed per connection.
- Use the default setting in the Type field.
Configure the settings in the Additional Settings section.
Configure the following eSpeed (NASDAQ eSpeed U.S. Treasuries Electronic Trading Platform) exchange settings per connection:
- Sender Comp ID — Identifies the name of the firm that sends messages to the exchange. This field populates the value of Tag 49 (SenderCompID) in all outbound messages for the connection. This setting is required.
- Sender Sub ID — This field populates the value of Tag 50 (SenderSubID) in all outbound messages for the connection. This setting is required.
- Password — Sets the iLink session ID password provided by the exchange.
- Primary IP — Sets the exchange-provided IP address for connecting to the exchange. This is a required field.
- Primary Port — Sets the exchange-provided port for connecting to the exchange. This is a required field.
- Default Trader ID — The exchange-provided trader ID used to identify the user of this session. If a trader ID is configured at the user level, it overrides Default Trader ID in all messages sent to the exchange.
- Default Trader Password — The exchange-provided trader password used for submitting orders. If a trader password is configured at the user level, it overrides the Default Trader Password at the connection level.
- Secondary IP — Sets the backup IP Address for connecting to the exchange.
- Secondary Port — Sets the backup port for connecting to the exchange.
You can review the connection settings in the Settings tab.
Click the Accounts tab to assign an existing account to the connection. Multiple accounts can be added to a single connection.
Note: The connection will not become active until at least one account is assigned.
Click Save Changes.