Adding a Eris connection
To add an Eris connection:
- Click Connections in the left navigation panel.
- Click +New Connection
- Configure the settings in the General Settings section:
- Connection enabled: Check this setting to activate the connection. Uncheck to deactivate the connection.
- Name: This is a required field for creating a connection.
- Exchange: Select Eris. Only one exchange is allowed per connection.
- Use the default setting in the Type field.
Configure the settings in the Additional Settings section.
Configure the following Eris Swap Futures Exchange settings per connection:
- Order Session — Connects to the Eris SwapBook™
3.0 electronic trading platform via the FIX Order API to place orders
and receive trade confirmations and fills.
- STP Session — Connects via FIX to the Eris SwapBook API implementation of the FIX Straight Through Process (STP) API for receiving fills and trade confirmations
in the event of an exchange outage or disconnect.
Eris exchange settings per Order Session or STP Session:
- Sender Comp ID — Identifies the name of the firm that sends messages to the exchange. This field populates the value of Tag 49 (SenderCompID) in all outbound messages for the connection. This setting is required.
- Sender Sub ID — This field populates the value of Tag 50 (SenderSubID) in all outbound messages for the connection. This setting is required.
- Password — Sets the session ID password provided by the exchange. Sent to the exchange in Tag 554.
- Primary IP — Sets the exchange-provided IP address for connecting to the exchange. This is required.
- Primary Port — Sets the exchange-provided port for connecting to the exchange. This is required.
- Secondary IP — Sets the backup IP Address for connecting to the exchange.
- Secondary Port — Sets the backup port for connecting to the exchange.
- Target Comp ID — The ID of the firm receiving messages from the exchange host. This ID is generated and provided by the exchange based on your firm name. This field populates the value of Tag 56 (TargetCompID) in all inbound messages on this connection.
You can review the connection settings in the Settings tab.
Click the Accounts tab to assign an existing account to the connection. Multiple accounts can be added to a single connection.
Note: The connection will not become active until at least one account is assigned.
Click Save Changes.