You can connect to the EEX (European Energy Exchange) exchange via Enhanced Trading Interface (ETI) sessions, which support derivatives order routing, and OTC sessions for OTC trade reporting via the Eurex T7 trading system.
Login to the Eurex member section at Deutsche Börse Group portal and do the following:
- Select Requests and Configuration > New Request > New Session
- Under Market, select the applicable market (Eurex ETI or EEX ETI)
- For Provider, enter TRTSP
- On the next screen, select an environment (production or simulation). Simulation sessions will be configured in the ext-prod-cert environment. Also, select a business unit and number of sessions. The Market should default to the one selected on the previous screen (EEX or Eurex).
- On the next screen, select the session capacity type (HF or LF) and installation. Available installations:
- 1060630-1-5 (LON-Hanbury St 11, Old Truman Brewery)
- 1060630-6-5 (FRA-Friesstr. 26)
- Submit the request.
Once submitted, the pop-up window provides the session ID and password. Note: Write those down immediately or take a screen shot, as this is the only time this information is available on the portal.
TT Onboarding will approve the session. After approval, the session is ready for order routing.
- For any issues with the new credentials, contact your TT Onboarding Manager or the TT Onboarding Group: firstname.lastname@example.org
EEX settings are configured per session. The exchange supports the following types of sessions for routing EEX derivatives orders and OTC trades via the Eurex T7 trading system:
- Derivatives - Low-Frequency — Low-Frequency (LF) sessions support lean, non-persistent, and persistent orders. LF sessions have a much lower throughput as compared to HF sessions, and allow all orders and fills to be recovered across a participant's ETI sessions. All exchange-supported order types can be routed through LF sessions.
- Derivatives - High-Frequency — High-frequency (HF) derivatives sessions only support Lean order types. These sessions also have a higher throughput and are designed specifically for automated trading. HF sessions do not have any recoverability mechanism in place for orders or fills. For example, after a session disconnects, it is not possible to inquire or replay the missed executions through an HF session. HF sessions only support GTD orders, so these orders are most likely routed through HF sessions.
When orders are routed to the exchange, the TT platform sets the “lean order” attribute for ETI sessions. This attribute is a way to improve throughput and reduce latency for high-frequency trading. The exchange processes a lean order without persisting order event messages or broadcasting the messages to all listening ETI sessions.
Derivatives OTC — A session that connects to the Eurex FIXML interface via SSL certificates for trading OTC (e.g., block trades) on EEX derivatives products via the Eurex T7 trading system.
Note: Sessions dependent on newly uploaded certificates in the Setup app will only be available after the start of the next trading session.
- Spot Emissions — A session that connects to the T7 derivatives platform for submitting orders and reporting OTC trades for emissions products traded on a Spot basis. Orders are routed and managed by the Eurex T7 trading system.
FIXML Account ID
Connecting to the exchange with Derivatives - OTC sessions requires users to authenticate themselves to the Eurex FIXML Clearing Interface via SSL certificates. Users also need a FIXML Account ID for accessing this interface. Before configuring the settings for OTC Derivatives sessions, refer to
Creating FIXML Account IDs and SSL Certificates for EEX.