ADL Basic Concepts
Algo design fundamentals overview
Before beginning to design and develop your trading algorithms, you need to be aware of some basic concepts about algo design in ADL.
- ADL Designer presents an introduction to the interface you use to design, test, and deploy algos.
- Blocks provides an overview of the different types of blocks that ADL provides for creating your algo as well as the inputs and outputs used by the blocks.
- Edges describes the connectors that manage the flow of information between the blocks in your algorithm.
- Continuous vs. discrete event messages describes the differences between messages that send information continuously during algo execution and those that send information only as discrete moments in time.
- Variable blocks provides an overview of how ADL helps you create flexible algorithms that let traders specify algo inputs dynamically when launched through the Trade app.
- Design aids highlights how ADL uses visual aids and error checking to help ensure you create valid algo designs.